Friday, July 16, 2010

We Live to Survive Our Paradoxes......

Please tell me why it is that every time I turn around I have to sign up for someone's discount card or rewards program so that I can feel good about the excessive amount of money I spend at any given establishment? I don't want and do not have the room for any more discount cards. Why can't we just have one card like say a drivers license that holds all our consumer information? Christ I could have a card for EVERY retail establishment I patronize. That is not to speak of cards for service like the library and such. Are people so insecure in their spending that they have to be rewarded for going where they would normally shop anyhow? Not to mention what is the the "reward"? More calories we don't need or perhaps another video game or movie or what have you. These are not really rewards these are what is slowly killing us. The frivolous spending the over consuming, fuck it. You want to give me a discount? Give me the fucking discount just for being there and spending my money at your establishment. I don't want or need the free DVD after I have spent $10K on shit I don't really need or the coupon for stuff that is a different brand of similar product that I don't buy. I just want my shit at a fair price and don't feel the need to be a part of any other club than US citizen.

Thank You and Good Day

Miked


Copyright 2010 Dunbridge Truckstop Global Media

No comments:

Post a Comment