Saturday, June 26, 2010

Kids Table.

I am pretty comfortable in my own skin. I am still learning a lot about my self and trying to grow and become a better person. But it was during my travels to the great state of Illinois that I realized that I still have much work to do.
It is true that I really don't care where I lay my head down when I want to go to sleep and I would not try to inconvenience anyone for special accommodations. Last night as I lay my head down on the floor (which is fine) I realize that I am not snuggling next to my girlfriend. I am not curled up with my wife but I am the thirty-seven year old on the living room floor amongst all the other children tucked away in their Sponge Bob Sleeping bags.
I realized that I had been relegated to the kids table. Clearly this thirty-seven year old kid has some unfinished business to attend to.
My life is a never ending series of wondrous events most of which make me feel awkward and anxious. It has been a great ride and I would not change it for the world.


Miked

Copyright 2010 Dunbridge Truckstop Global Media

No comments:

Post a Comment