Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thank Your Fathers Evolver.

As a person tries to grow, provided they do want to grow as a person, do we try to hold on to the past? Maybe we should hold on to different bits and pieces so that we are reminded not to make the same mistakes again? Maybe we should forgot the past and only concentrate our efforts on the future and progressing forward.

There are certain aspects of my past that I really do enjoy peeking in on from time to time. Yet there are other parts of my past that I know are best tucked away and left alone.

Recently I had a little piece of my past thrust into my face and although it was only slightly unpleasant it really cemented to me that deep down I really can make excellent character judgments. It also lets me see that sometimes right or wrong my actions can have an impact on other people lives. I know people are not perfect and we all make mistakes and for me leaving these people in the past was the way I chose to deal with the problem. I think it is what we choose to do with these experiences it what ultimately allows room for growth.

This leads me to the question: Can all be forgiven and can the past change and become part of the future again. OK so this is really two questions but I make the rules here. Can people change? Can your past become part of your future? I am going to have to chew on this a little more. I think I really know the answers to these questions in this particular case. But wonders never cease!

The Miked

No comments:

Post a Comment