Thursday, April 22, 2010

Frozen In Time

Sometimes life progresses so slow it is hard to realize that you may be moving forward. Couple this with the fact that everyone has a different opinion of what it means to be moving forward. I still find myself relating to the younger generations and sometimes feel that my social evolution train stopped somewhere around the time when I turned 25. Yet I have taken on all the other responsibilities of the typical 37 year old. I struggle to find exactly what this means and if this point of view somehow holds me back. I think often about the relationships I have bulldozed through and can't help to reflect that most of the time my maturity level was on par with the common 7 year old.

And then there is the other side of me that has kicked and scratched and clawed his mind out in order to keep up on the mortgage and other responsibilities of the modern 37 year old. This leads me to the question of why can't I put the same belief in my personal relationships as I can with all my other obligations?

I am not complaining I take complete ownership of my actions and for the most part look back on things with great fondness. I just find myself trying to put meaning on it all.

Miked




Copyright 2010 Dunbridge Truckstop Global Media

No comments:

Post a Comment